If you are considering renovating your current home or office, consider testing for hazardous materials first. Enviromarc is trained to safely and effectively test materials that may be hazardous to human health when distributed, such as:
- Asbestos in building materials
- Formaldehyde in insulation
- Lead in paint, piping, and concrete
- Mercury in thermometers, pressure gauges, switches
- Mould in contaminated building materials
- Silica in concrete, masonry, and stone
- Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in fluorescent lights, and electrical equipment
- Ozone depleting substances (ODS) in heating a cooling appliances
Asbestos is a group of naturally occurring minerals that was widely used to insulate buildings, piping and structures between from the 1950ís to 1990 due to its non-combustibility and flame-retardant properties. Asbestos was also used as a reinforcing or binding agent in plastic, piping, cement and other construction materials due to its strength and flexibility. Asbestos is a problem when disturbed in a friable (breaks easily) form, becomes airborne, and is inhaled. Asbestos fibres are nearly impossible to see and can cause multiple health concerns. Enviromarc offers competitive pricing and is flexible to work around clients needs.
Enviromarc has trained personnel who specialize in testing for spores and mould removal. Mould is a living dynamic organism and growth will often occur again if it has not been dealt with properly.
If you are worried about the quality of air in your home please call us. We formulate a program for completing air quality testing and ensuring the air in your home is not attributing to any health problems.